Knowing your audience
A local storage company has a new round of advertisements up in my neighborhood, reminding New Yorkers of how much they need to find another place to store all their crap. But these ones get a little fiesty. Examples:
"Your closet's scarier than Bush's agenda"
and
"Your closet's so narrow it makes Cheney look liberal"
(there's also one on Paris Hilton, relating to how shallow your closet is, but I can't remember the wording exactly)
I'm sure we won't be seeing these in Oklahoma any time soon. Though we didn't see them here in 2003 either...
"Your closet's scarier than Bush's agenda"
and
"Your closet's so narrow it makes Cheney look liberal"
(there's also one on Paris Hilton, relating to how shallow your closet is, but I can't remember the wording exactly)
I'm sure we won't be seeing these in Oklahoma any time soon. Though we didn't see them here in 2003 either...
Labels: nyc

2 Comments:
I think it's "Your closet's so shallow it makes Paris look deep." Could be wrong, though.
yeah, that's right. Speaking of political contexts, if this were Kansas in 1972, would the ads feature some sort of derogatory remarks about coathangers and referencing abortion in some way?
Post a Comment
<< Home