Thursday, June 07, 2007

A-Rod

A few years ago, right before the Yankees signed A-Rod, there was a deal in place to send him to the Red Sox (which, obviously, fell through). One of the arguments for the move, from the Red Sox front office, was that A-Rod's winning personality would endear him to the fans and help to market the team in Boston.

Who knows how things might have turned out had the deal gone through; but I think it's safe to say that A-Rod is the Yankee that Boston fans most love to hate:

This great piece of fan provocation comes as a response to A-Rod's dalliance with a blond stripper, as featured on the front page of such fine journalistic establishments as the NY Post and Daily News.

It seems that even when it comes to affairs, A-Rod can't do anything right. I ran into my former doorman, a die-hard yanks fan, who after admitting that "we suck right now", compared A-Rod's romantic leanings unfavorably with Derek Jeter's. On A-Rod's choice of women: "she looks like Hulk Hogan. I've seen better strippers at the strip clubs I go to."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home