Thursday, November 16, 2006

Broccoli and the Bushes

For some reason, I remember learning as a kid that George Bush the elder hates Broccoli (and apparently so does his son). I'm not sure if this news ever made it to Indonesia's voodoo doctor community, but apparently they're hoping that broccoli is Bush's kryptonite:
BOGOR, Indonesia (AP) - A renowned black magic practitioner performed a voodoo ritual Thursday to jinx President George W. Bush and his entourage while he was on a brief visit to Indonesia.

Ki Gendeng Pamungkas slit the throat of a goat, a small snake and stabbed a black crow in the chest, stirred their blood with spice and broccoli before drank [sic] the "potion" and smeared some on his face.
Also, I thought voodoo was a Caribbean thing. They do it in SE Asia too? This is either some mixed-up naming or the side-effects of globalization. (link via TPM)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home