Tuesday, January 09, 2007

letters, we get letters

Today I received this in the mail:
"Dear Reader, I was given your name by someone who thought you might already be a Commentary subscriber. So the first thing I did was look to see if you are on our subscriber rolls. I see that you're not, and I invite you to become a subscriber now so that you won't miss any more articles.

You'll be in good company. Commentary is America's leading conservative intellectual magazine. Conservative and intellectual. Perhaps that describes you."
Not sure who's providing mailing lists nowadays, but methinks Commentary didn't get their money's worth.

As a sidenote, I've always associated Commentary with two things: neoconservatism, and that scene in Annie Hall where Woody Allen quips that Dissent and Commentary have merged to form Dysentary. I hadn't realized that Commentary was a self-styled Jewish as well as conservative mag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home