something to look forward to next year
from a comment on a discussion about whether or not the Patriots are hate-worthy: "I'll always remember being in Kenmore Square after the first Superbowl win and seeing a guy screaming at the sky: "Yankees Suck!" I realized then that the Boston fan was just too weird to relate to."
I think Boston has never gotten over being passed by New York as the cultural/intellectual/social capital of the U.S. back in the late nineteenth century. (The only thing Boston is "the Hub" of now is greater Boston.) The North American Review is the ancestor of bostondirtdogs, and Henry Adams is the father of the Jeter Swallows T-shirt.
I think Boston has never gotten over being passed by New York as the cultural/intellectual/social capital of the U.S. back in the late nineteenth century. (The only thing Boston is "the Hub" of now is greater Boston.) The North American Review is the ancestor of bostondirtdogs, and Henry Adams is the father of the Jeter Swallows T-shirt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home