Wednesday, September 17, 2008

LaRouchites are bizarre

Yeah, I know, goes without saying. Still, when you actually read the publications of Lyndon LaRouche and his followers, you realize that he’s far more interesting than the standard political crank—more interesting because infinitely weirder. Today I found two LaRouche magazines on my doorstep. I don’t plan on wasting my time reading much of it, but I figured a glance would be a good bit of procrastination.

I was right. This is great entertainment.

One of the magazines is all about Al Gore. Apparently, it’s important to warn people about Al Gore because he might be elected president in 2008 (???) According to Leandra Bernstein, author of the lead article, “From his early days as a Tennessee racist, to his Wellsian commitment to prevent nations’ broad use of technology [wait, I thought he “invented the internet”?] to his favored status among the British Royal family, Gore has been a crucial asset in realizing Prince Philip’s intention to reduce the world’s population by 80% through famine, disease and war.”

It just gets weirder. It turns out that Gore, aligned w/Gingrich, pressured Clinton to resign during impeachment in order to prevent Clinton from implementing a Larouchite “New Bretton Woods.” Gore did this “to protect British financial interests.” There’s also the “frankly genocidal vision of the United States shifting to 100% renewable energy in the next ten years.”

I do like the part where Bernstein claims that Gore needed Clinton to resign, otherwise he “wouldn’t stand a chance in the 2000 elections, where even after stealing delegates from presidential candidate, Lyndon LaRouche, he proceeded to lose the election to the dumbest man to ever run for that office.”

What follows in the next article is more of the same, filled with references to diabolical people of whom I’ve never heard but apparently are the real movers of history—Alexander Helphand Parvus, the Tofflers—and inane theories about the capitalist backers of the Bolshevik Revolution. It’s a world where the British Empire is still the greatest threat to humanity. Bathroom-stall ramblings are more coherent, but not nearly as fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home