Spam!
I have to admit that I sort of admire the trickier spam I get nowadays. One of my favorites is the kind where they put something in the subject line that looks like an email someone might actually get, e.g. "the file you needed" "re:" etc. etc. But I got one the other day from "Larissa" with a subject line reading "Thanks for last night."
Who exactly is likely to click on that link? Just how many people hooked up with someone named Larissa last night? Or are they targeting alcoholics, who might not remember the name of the person they slept with the previous night, or can't quite remember what happened between the hours of 2AM and 10AM?
My other favorites are the ones that grab a string of text from some random book (usually classics or religious texts) and paste it haphazardly; I'm assuming this confuses the spam filter. For example, a recent email says simply: "And said (what Saul said I took away from heaven thy sons of." The subject line: "These are new covenant will magnify himself in the way."
All your spam are belong to us!
Who exactly is likely to click on that link? Just how many people hooked up with someone named Larissa last night? Or are they targeting alcoholics, who might not remember the name of the person they slept with the previous night, or can't quite remember what happened between the hours of 2AM and 10AM?
My other favorites are the ones that grab a string of text from some random book (usually classics or religious texts) and paste it haphazardly; I'm assuming this confuses the spam filter. For example, a recent email says simply: "And said (what Saul said I took away from heaven thy sons of." The subject line: "These are new covenant will magnify himself in the way."
All your spam are belong to us!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home