Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Fitzmas in February?

Back in December of 2005, liberals wished eachother a Merry Fitzmas, hoping that the investigation of Patrick Fitzgerald in the Valerie Plame/Wilson case would bring them a holiday gift in the form of a White House frogmarching. Well, Scooter Libby got busted but the trail seemed to end there.

Over at the Washington Monthly blog, however, Kevin Drum and his commenters are speculating that Libby's trial might in fact lead to some uncomfortable questions for VP Cheney:
"....Given the statements and allegations Fitzgerald has made in his opening statement, and given his reputation for always backing up his statements, if I were Cheney's attorney, I would absolutely find some way, somehow, whatever it took, to keep him off the stand. It is crystal clear that Fitzgerald is convinced, and I mean strongly convinced, that this whole imbroglio is Cheney's personal doing."
And:
"Norah O'Donnell is asking Andy Card and Leon Panetta if the president is going to have to ask Dick Cheney to resign as a result of what's being alleged at the Libby Trial. (They both punted.)"
I'm not getting my hopes up--this would be about the 127,000th time that a lefty blogger has speculated on the imminent downfall of Bush or Cheney--but is it too soon to take down the holiday lights?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home