Cowabunga McNulty!
I dreamed the other night that Season Six of The Wire featured the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I was watching the premiere with some other folks, one of whom said "Man, I really don't think David Simon's going to be able to pull this one off."
For some reason, the actor who plays Chris Partlow was also there and he was pissed. "Fuck this shit! How am I going to get any screen time now?" Then I tried to assure him that I'd heard that a big subplot of the season was him and Marlo running the drug trade from inside prison, but that didn't seem to mollify him (Of course, this doesn't really make sense based on last season, nor does it make sense that the actor wouldn't know about what role he was going to play in a pre-taped season, but did I mention Ninja Turtles? Clearly we're in alternate reality)
Strange dream. But then, the next morning I got to thinking that maybe the Ninja turtles are Baltimore's last, best, crime-fighting hope. "When you walk with Shredder, he's gonna save yo' soulllll, you gotta keep the devillll, way dowwwwwn in the hole (in the bottom of the hole)"
For some reason, the actor who plays Chris Partlow was also there and he was pissed. "Fuck this shit! How am I going to get any screen time now?" Then I tried to assure him that I'd heard that a big subplot of the season was him and Marlo running the drug trade from inside prison, but that didn't seem to mollify him (Of course, this doesn't really make sense based on last season, nor does it make sense that the actor wouldn't know about what role he was going to play in a pre-taped season, but did I mention Ninja Turtles? Clearly we're in alternate reality)
Strange dream. But then, the next morning I got to thinking that maybe the Ninja turtles are Baltimore's last, best, crime-fighting hope. "When you walk with Shredder, he's gonna save yo' soulllll, you gotta keep the devillll, way dowwwwwn in the hole (in the bottom of the hole)"

3 Comments:
I see Splinter as sort of a Frank Sobotka or Bunny Colvin figure, watching his dreams of raising four teenage turtles well enough for them to get out of the B'more city streets turn to ashes in his whiskers.
Also, McNulty = Kasey Jones? Discuss.
good call on the Splinter role. Also, are the unicycle robots that shoot lasers out of their eyes from the NES Ninja Turtles game the Cops or the Dealers?
Hmmm. I thought those were metaphorical.
The unicycles...were they rollies or narcos?
Post a Comment
<< Home